I write this fresh from waging war on the slugs and snails in my garden. I’d love to say that I was the victor but, despite having deposited a full ice cream tub of the slippery critters into the skip at the end of my road, I fear their guerilla warfare tactics will give them the upper hand again by the end of the day…
(I know, I know, the skip owner doesn’t want slugs and snails in there, but I can never bring myself to actually kill them…)
In completely unrelated news, (note to self, really should try harder to link blog posts together into a cohesive article) I wanted to show you a few pictures of some quilting I got up to at the weekend.
After the success of my quilted teapot, I wanted to have a go at some slightly more freestyle quilting.
Before my sproglet was born, I made a burp cloth, following this really simple tutorial at Made by Rae. It’s a pretty handy item; backed with terry towelling it’s very absorbent, but it’s always bugged me a little that the two layers don’t stay together very well.
So, I thought I might have a crack at quilting them, vaguely following the outlines of the little rocket people all over the top fabric.
I’ve got to say, I was pretty pleased with the results.
In some places, I followed the outlines closely.
In others, I just nipped along wherever I fancied.
I definitely think I’ll be doing more of this.
Now, sewing chat out of the way, if anyone wants to come on a snail hunt at 7am tomorrow morning, I know the perfect spot…